The Post Graduate Programme for Executives for Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing (PGPEX-VLM) is an Executive management programme.
It is a one-year, rigorous programme with a heavy focus on the manufacturing sector. And this is a joint Post Graduate Diploma in Management for Executives in Manufacturing (PGDM-VLM) by IIM Calcutta, IIT Kanpur and IIT Madras is awarded to candidates after the successful completion of the programme.
Major Attributes of VLM Program:
- Joint Program of Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC), Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK) and Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM).
- Supported by Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
- One year full time residential program
- 36 weeks classroom interaction, case studies, tutorials, lab sessions, project work at IIMC, IITM and IITK; total 1057 interaction hours.
- 7 (Eight) weeks internship in industry.
- 3 (Three) to 4 (Four) weeks industry visits in India and abroad.
- The program introduces courses in Green Manufacturing
- The program is meant for promising engineers drawn from the manufacturing sector, who have the potential for top management positions.
- The program will involve development of leadership and management skills together with cutting edge technology awareness and proficiency.
- The program will have a proper balance of theoretical inputs and practical training to develop a high degree of leadership skill which would enable Indian companies convert manufacturing into a competitive weapon.